Contest: Refer *experienced* IT talent the KC IT job fair in 3 easy steps…win 1 of 4 prizes!
As a seasoned professionals, I’m betting that you know some gifted IT people. They might be a coworker of yours, a neighbor down the street, or someone you used to work with. I’m also betting that some of these same people might have been impacted by the economic downturn. What a great way to help: refer *experienced* people that meet the job roles/requirements and win one of four prizes for yourself!
Please read/follow the instructions carefully in order to have your referrals count.
Step 1 – Review the job postings here.
We have companies looking for:
– Mid to Senior level Developers w/ one or more of these languages: Java/ASP.NET/C#/C++/VB.NET
– Mid to Senior level DBAs in one or more of these platforms: Oracle/SQL Server
– Mid to Senior level System Administrators/Engineers w/ skills in one or more of the following: Unix/Windows Server. Other skills also might include virtualization (VMware/Citrix)
– IT Project Managers
– Business Analysts
– Enterprise/Security Architects
Step 2: Think of colleagues/friends that meet the above descriptions.
Step 3: Refer them: http://is.gd/kjJVz.
– Refer carefully: they must meet the job requirements that they’re interested in to be counted in your referral total.
– They must attend the event in order to be counted in your referral total.
– They must be a member of KC IT Professionals (or become one) on Linkedin in order to be counted in your referral total.
– When they register, there will be a two fields to input referral information, they must enter your full name and email address in order for it to be counted!
– They must actually be seeking employment.
– No entries will be accepted after 11:59PM on January 17th.
– Only distinct registrations count: the same individual may not register for multiple tickets
– See referral requirements in step 3 above
Ok….so what can I win??
1st prize: Recognition. This is your chance to get your name out there amongst 4500 IT professionals (and more!). I will interview you for an upcoming blog post and distribute the link via multiple social media channels. You will be mentioned in a blog post announcing the contest winners, and get a FREE ticket to an upcoming event (details TBA).
2nd prize: Networking. Want to get connected? The founder of KC IT will buy you lunch, you can discuss KC IT, networking strategies, etc. You will also be recognized in a blog post announcing the contest winners, and get a FREE ticket to an upcoming event (details TBA).
3rd prize: 4 Free Tickets to upcoming events. You can win tickets for you and a guest to 2 exciting upcoming events (details TBA)! You will also be recognized in a blog post announcing the contest winners.
4th prize: Free KC IT Merchandise. You can win a free KC IT t-shirt or coffee mug! You will also be recognized in a blog post announcing the contest winners, and a FREE ticket to an upcoming event (details TBA).