How Learning To Code Can Change Your Future
Compute Midwest iOS App Splash Screen…beautiful. : )
How can education empower people to build ideas?
Learn how 2 students and a company came together to create something awesome in just 2 weeks.
Compute Midwest iOS Mobile App Schedule + Detail Screenshots
We’re extremely excited to announce the beautiful Compute Midwest iOS app – built by 2 graduates from The Disruption Institute (our mobile developer educational initiative) in conjunction with the awesome folks at Bernstein Rein (BR).
Note: Last chance to register for Compute Midwest (prices go up Oct 20th!). Don’t miss out on your chance to imagine the future with 8 amazing speakers from NASA, Reddit & more on October 25th!
From Idea To App Store
In late September, BR approached us about creating a mobile app that would add impact to our Compute Midwest conference.
Since they had recently hired a graduate from The Disruption Institute, we thought it would be a great opportunity make a collaborative splash, armed with the skills of:
- Andrew Rangel (iOS developer / Graduate, The Disruption Institute)
- Mike Berlin (Technical Architect, BR / Graduate, The Disruption Institute)
- Ryan Glendening (Digital Creative Director, BR)
- Matt Bowne (Creative Director/Copywriter, BR)
- Mark Schuh (VP of Technology, BR)
Version 1.0 has just been approved, and now live in the App store!
Download the app
Requirements: Must have iPhone 4, 4S, 5 or 5S running iOS7.
Note: If you find any issues/bugs, please let us know! Send a detailed email with the issue, your device (iPhone 4S, 5, 5S) and iOS7 version (7 , 7.0.2, etc)
About The Disruption Institute
Supported by Sprint and other industry leaders, it’s an intensive 12 week program focused on teaching people how to code by building mobile apps.
Whether you want to build an idea, create a company or simply start a new career…The Disruption Institute is the place to begin your journey!
About Bernstein Rein
Located in the heart of the Midwest, BR is one of the largest independent ad shops in the country.
More than 200 employees strong, they use creative technology, mobile innovation and scientific exploration to help brands connect with consumers.
Positioned as the Agency of Impact, BR remains laser-focused on delivering results for clients. Results that can be seen in the strategy, the work and most importantly, the bottom line.
So they kindly ask to be judged on one thing. Impact.
If you need two things, the north-facing view on the top floor of their building is spectacular.
About Compute Midwest
As seen in some of the world’s top tech publications like Forbes, Fast Company and The Next Web, Compute Midwest is a 2 day convergence of tech: new people, new ideas and new frontiers in Kansas City.
Join us on October 25th to imagine the future with speakers from NASA, Reddit & more – hear the stories of innovators who have built ideas that changed the world.
We’re offering a couple of different ticket packages this year.
- Conference only – this gives you an all day pass for October 25th to hear our awesome speaker lineup. Includes breakfast and lunch.
- Conference + Hackathon – this gives developers and designers an all day pass to the conference on October 25th and the Hackathon on October 26th. Includes breakfast and lunch at the conference & meals provided during 24h hackathon.
- Sign up for our Newsletter get career tips, the hottest job postings and special event invites!
- Join us on Linkedin for lively debate and discussions
- Follow us on Twitter for real time news and interaction
- Like us on Facebook!
Need Help Convincing Your Boss or Company?
We’ve provided a justification form below that’s worked for many! Help spread the word & get access!
[sociallocker id=”6573″] business justification template you can customize and send![/sociallocker]
Compute Midwest and other KCITP events are made possible by the support of the forward thinking companies you see on our Compute Midwest event site.
Interested in sponsoring? Get in touch!
Here are some of the best ways to keep your finger on the pulse of Kansas City’s Tech Community