A Look Back: 8 Awesome Moments For KCITP in 2012
You helped make 2012 an awesome year and I hope that you’ll be a part of what we have planned in 2013.
As we move forward in this new year of opportunity, I want to take a moment and brief you on what happened in 2012!
First Things First: Thank You
Thank you is a word that you’ll hear me say relentlessly. In fact, I can’t say it enough.
Kansas City IT Professionals added almost 3300 members this year, starting with 6,700 & ending with 9993. We’re excited that we recently passed 10,000 at the start of 2013. 🙂
The most important thing though, is your participation: whether it’s attending events or conversing online. So many of you did that in 2012!
However, the past wasn’t possible without you…and the future isn’t either.
If you’re an Information Technology Professional in Kansas City, I hope to see even more of you in 2013!!
When you participate, everyone benefits.
2012: Events, News & More
1. We kicked off the year with a fantastic Happy Hour focused on creating new goals & social accountability with 200+ IT Professionals.
2. We announced a brand new site design
3. We had the CEO of Symantec give a talk to 250+ IT Professionals as well as a $10k “Capture The Flag” challenge at KCITP InfoSec Night!
5. We celebrated a special milestone: 4 year anniversary: High Five Happy Hour
6. We announced Big Data Kansas City: The Future Of Insights with numerous experts from Adknowledge, Cerner, Spiral16 and more!
You can watch the videos here:
- Big Data, What’s The Big Deal?” Keynote: The Future Of Insights
- Panel Discussion: How Are Kansas City Companies Using Big Data?
- “Big Data Tools And Techniques” Keynote: The Future Of Insights
7. Compute Midwest!!! Without a doubt, the biggest event we’ve ever organized was Compute Midwest: The Convergence Of Tech. Compute Midwest was a 2 day convergence of tech Nov 9-11th, which provided 1 conference, 8 amazing speakers (6 were from Silicon Valley), a hackathon and 2 parties. We were excited by the opportunity to connect 400+ forward thinking tech minds!!
We recently posted Dan Levin (Chief Operating Officer of Box). You can watch the video and learn more here:
Dan Levin, COO of Box, Shares Vision For The Future [Video]
8. The Disruption Institute: Turning Kansas City into a world leader for Mobile Innovation
We announced the The Disruption Institute, which is an educational initiative focused on teaching motivated people how to build mobile apps.
If you want to learn about why we’re doing this, check out Google Fiber, Mobile Innovation and The Disruption Institute [VIDEO]
We’re taking applications for our first class in February. Have you applied yet? Create your future – apply today!
Help Make 2013 Awesome!
We’ve got some great things planned for 2013….so keep up to date with us for the latest news, events and more! Here’s how: